How safe is helt-pro®?
helt-pro® differs from the characteristics and limits EN norms for bicycle helmets, ski helmets and riding helmets.
- helt-pro® headgear doesn't comply with any standards for protective headgear like helmets.
- helt-pro® is not a substitute to a helmet.
- It does not give the same level of protection as a helmet - in case of falling or collision with a car.
- To satisfy the EN standard a helmet requires a thick buffer layer, which buffers shocks at a height of 150 cm (flat base) (EN1078 and EN1078) / resp. 106 cm (kerbside) (EN1078) at a maximum acceleration of 250 g. But this damping layer (usually EPA, colloquially styrofoam) also makes a bulky appearance and due of the hardness it can hardly guarantee wearing comfort.
- helt-pro® absorbs shocks by about 50-70% compared to normal sport helmets (75 cm of the required 106 cm (EN1077 / EN1078), resp. 150 cm (EN1078)).
- helt-pro® satisfies all other test criteria of EN1078 and EN1078: field of view, construction, retention system strength and ease of opening, effectiveness and penetration resistance (EN1077).
*The tests were conducted during the period 2009 - 2012 by the Materialprüfanstalt MPA University of Stuttgart (http://www.mpa.uni-stuttgart.de/).
What predicates the helt-pro® CE marking?
With the CE marking on a product, the manufacturer ensures that the product conforms with the essential requirements of the applicable EC directives. With this marking helt-pro® certifies that the products are produced in the compliance with health and safety requirements of European Directive 89/686/EEC PPE Category 1.
Is helt-pro® available in children sizes?
No, helt-pro® head protection is not available in children sizes. In the near future, no children’s collection is planned.
Where is helt-pro® produced?
helt-pro® is a German brand with its head office in Saxony / Germany. There the young company Trikant GmbH creates and distributes the brand helt-pro®. For the production, helt-pro® choses local companies. More information
Where can I buy helt-pro®?
Can I use helt-pro® in summer and winter?
Yes, with the appropriate interchangeable caps, helt-pro® can be used for all-seasons.
Can I wash my helt-pro®?
Of course, you can wash your helt-pro® cover. Take off the cover from the hard shell. Wash the cap by hand separately with neutral soap. Your helt-pro® will gloom in new splendor.
How do I remove the cap from the hard shell?
To separate the cap from the hard shell, fold out the inlay of the cap to the outside. Carefully peel off the front fixing and pull down the cap from the hard shell.
Be careful about rough knitted caps, because the Velcro® dots on the back of the hard shell are attached to the cap.
How do I put the cover onto the hard shell?
Sit down on a chair and hold the hard shell between your knees in a way that you can see the Velcro® strap of the front side and that the inside of the hard shell points away from your body. Turn the inlay of the beanie to the outside and hold the forehead area with both hands. Now it's important to place the front side of the beanie correctly to the edge of the front side of the hard shell. Then hold it tight and carefully pull the whole cover over the hard shell and fix it to the two Velcro® points in the back. Finally, bring the cover into shape , e.g. pull the cover further over the ears.
Can I use my own caps for the helt-pro®?
This is not possible. The helt-pro® needs special made beanies which have an integrated cushioning foam and fleece lining. Without these inlays the hard shell can find no lateral support on your head.
Can I use the helt-pro® interchangeable caps without the hard shell?
Due to the damping foam inlay the helt-pro® interchangeable caps can’t be use without a hard shell.
How do I find the right size?
How is helt-pro® ventilated?
The hard shell has 10 air vents. Due to the breathable inlay, there is room between the hard shell and the head for a comfortable air circulation. The interchangeable caps for summer and winter are made of breathable materials and assure a comfortable wearing.